Monday, October 8, 2012

The truth about Blackheads!


Hello Everyone! Happy October!

So I've been noticing a lot of commercials and adds lately about certain products out there that claim they remove blackheads and rid the pores of unwanted dirt and debris. This could not be further from the truth and frankly it makes me a little irritated. 

So many clients come to me for facials and can't understand why they have massive blackheads all over their nose, chin, forehead, and everywhere else. Surely that scrub or small hand held machine is supposed to be handling this issue right?? Not the case! The only, and I repeat, ONLY way to remove blackheads is to have them manually extracted. During a facial I use steam and enzymes to soften and loosen blackheads, then I use a technique with my fingers to lift them up and out of the pores. When done properly the whole blackhead will slide right out. Now with time and everyday exposure to the elements (depending on how oily your skin) the blackhead will return, but you can prolong the process by taking care of your skin at home using good products for your skin type. 

If you have pesky blackheads that you are tired of and need to have removed, come on in for a Deep Pore Cleansing Facial.. I will take care of that for you, no prob!  And don't forget to try the delicious Pumpkin Enzyme on special this month. $40 for a 30 min treatment or you can add the enzyme to any facial for only $10. 

EL






No comments:

Post a Comment